Releasing March 20th
Single Video Release
Gavin Tucker and the .45 District formed in 2018 and features Gavin Tucker (lead vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica, drums) and Dennis McAtee (bass guitar, backing vocals). The performance features Gavin performing the vocals, guitar, harmonica, bass drum, and tambourine simultaneously. The “One Man Band” performance element is a must see!
They have seen much success with their single “Farm Road 306 To Gruene” amassing over 130K views and 4K likes on Facebook allowing them to grow a 9K social media following in a mere 10 months.
Gavin Tucker and the .45 District is most commonly classified as a folk rock group. Though they have several songs in their catalog venturing close to rock, pop, and country, their roots are most closely grounded around Gavin’s influences in the folk music genres.
Gavin writes real music for real people. Heavily lyric driven in its clearly depicted story structure, their music is meaningful, relatable, emotional, and raw.
They released their first single “Mistake” in December 2018 recorded and produced at Drapp Studios in Tulsa, OK. It told the story of a relationship lost in the wake of an irreconcilable mistake and how no words or actions could salvage and re-piece together what had been shattered.
“Farm Road 306 To Gruene” was their next single in May 2019 again recorded at Drapp Studios but produced by 3116 Music in San Antonio, TX. Based around Gavin’s hometown of New Braunfels, TX, it followed a story around returning home after many years away.
In March 2020 the band released their first EP “Time”. It was fully produced and mostly recorded by 3116 Music with exception to “Farm Road 306 To Gruene” and “Old New Braunfels” which were recorded at Drapp Studios. This album included their previously released single “Farm Road 306 To Gruene” along with four new tracks. “Dancing With The Devil” from the EP drew a lot of attention due the ease of many being able to relate to its story based around the struggle of dealing with addiction. Though many are still drawn to the love story of “Sunday Rain” and the hometown story of “Old New Braunfels”.
- Americana / Folk-Rock
- Extremely wide vocal range
- Highly Emotional and Passionate Vocals
- Straightforward lyrics
- Crowd Pleasing Personality
The set list is comprised of covers from various artists from the late 60’s and 70’s that have influenced Gavin Tucker as a song writer blended with original music that show case those influences. The following are a list of cover songs that are regularly in Gavin Tucker’s set list:
- “Good Old Boys” by Waylon Jennings
- “Country Roads” by John Denver
- “Cocaine Blues” by Johnny Cash
- “Coming Home” by Robert Earl Keen
- “Luckenbach Texas” by Wille and Waylon
- “Highwayman” by The Outlaws of Country
- “Pancho and Lefty” by Willie Nelson
- “Mama Tried” by Merle Haggard
- “The Wanderer” by Dion and the Belmonts
- “Family Bible” by Willie Nelson
- “The Race Is On” by George Jones
- “Wagon Wheel” written by Bob Dylan and recorded by Old Crow Medicine Show
- “Sixteen Tons” by Tennessee Ernie Ford
- Top 4 CRS2020 in Nashville
- TMA2020 Heartland Artist of the year Nominee
- TMA2020 Breakout Artist of the year Nominee
- TMA2020 Acoustic Artist of the year Nominee
- TMA2020 Single of the year Nominee
- TMA2020 Music Video of the year Nominee
- TMA2019 Solo Artist of the year Nominee
- TMA2019 Red Dirt Artist of the year Nominee
- 2nd Place FlyingTee Battle of the Bands 2018